Terms and Conditions
This page explains the general terms and conditions you are agreeing to when you access and use the Mid Cape Discount Oil website. By accessing or using this website, you agree to all such terms and conditions without limitation or qualification. If you do not agree to abide by any term or condition, you should not use this website.
Tank and Equipment
- It is the customer’s sole responsibility to ensure that the oil tank and any associated equipment (e.g., piping, oil lines) are compliant and functioning properly. Mid Cape Discount Oil is in no way responsible for the tank or associated equipment. We do not accept responsibility for any error or malfunction of the equipment or for damages resulting from system failure of any kind, nor are we liable for the remediation of spills, leaks, or overfills as a result of equipment malfunction.
- Mid Cape Discount Oil has the right to visually inspect your tank before or at the time of delivery without charge. If at any time we feel that the tank is unsafe or unfit to receive a delivery, we will cancel your delivery and issue you a full refund.
- In the event of multiple tanks on the property, the customer must notify Mid Cape Discount Oil in writing of the additional tank locations and clearly label the tanks to ensure fuel delivery to the correct tank. If the aforementioned actions are not taken, we will not be held responsible for deliveries to the wrong tank. If we are unable to determine the correct delivery tank, we will cancel the delivery and you will be assessed a $25 attempted delivery fee.
Ordering and Delivery
- By clicking the “Process Order” button on the Order Oil form, you agree to our terms and conditions, and your card will be charged for the amount of gallons ordered at the listed rate. If we deliver less than 100 gallons, a $25.00 short delivery fee will be deducted from your credit. If you think there may be a problem with your order, please contact us immediately.
- We cannot return or remove heating oil once it has been delivered. If you order and pay for more oil than your tank will hold at the time of delivery, your payment will remain in your account as a credit toward your next delivery.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to keep a clear path to the oil tank and its associated equipment. You will be assessed a $25 attempted delivery fee if we are unable to deliver due to conditions preventing the truck or driver from reaching the fill pipe.
Please see the FAQ page for more information on delivery terms and conditions.
If you need to cancel an order, you must contact a Mid Cape Discount Oil customer service representative. We are unable to cancel orders that are within 24 hours of the delivery period, unless for reasons of safety. Any canceled orders, including unwanted multiple orders or withdrawn orders, will be assessed a mandatory 5% processing fee. If our driver arrives at your home and is unable to make the delivery because you did not cancel in time, or conditions exist that prevented the driver from reaching the fill pipes such as weather, unsafe or inaccessible driveways, inability to locate fill pipes, or safety considerations, you will be charged $25.00.
Mid Cape Discount Oil shall not be held liable for any delay in or failure of performance due to causes beyond reasonable control, including but not limited to: unavailability of fuel supply, labor shortages or strikes, embargoes, riots, war, terrorism, accidents, disorders, acts of God, government orders, or any unforeseen change in circumstances.
This section informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Mid Cape Discount Oil website.
By using the website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, phone number, email address, etc. Mid Cape Discount Oil is the sole owner of the information collected on the website. We will not share your Personal Information with a third party unless deemed necessary to fulfill your request, and we will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone, or disclose any non-public Personal Information about you to anyone, except as required under law.
Protecting Your Information
Mid Cape Discount Oil takes reasonable steps to protect all Personal Information, including sensitive information (e.g., credit card data) provided through our website. Sensitive information provided through our website is encrypted and transmitted securely, although no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We also safeguard your privacy offline; we educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy, and we maintain procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect non-personally identifiable information that will help us to improve your experience on our website. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, it may limit your ability to use certain portions of our website.
Mid Cape Discount Oil includes links to external websites. We are not in control of or responsible for the content on external websites, and we will not be held liable for any issues that may arise as a result of using these external sites.
In order to place an order through our website, you must provide contact information (e.g., your name, email address, phone number, and delivery address) and financial information via our online form. This information will be collected and used in the manner as described in the “Information Collection and Usage” section.